- Basic Noodles (see separate recipe)
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, roasted and minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to taste
Bring 4 quarts of water to a boil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Carefully add noodles to water, reduce heat to medium low and cook for up to 10 minutes or until desired consistency, stirring frequently. Drain and set aside. Add olive oil, garlic and red pepper flakes to skillet over medium heat and stir until warmed through. Add noodles and stir to combine. Top with cheese and serve
VARIATION: Before serving, top with the tomatoes you preserved from your summer garden.
Recipe developed for Edible Omaha by Julie Kolpin and Mary Oswald